Friends of Scouting 2014
District Goal $
Amount Raised $
% of Goal
The Nevada Area Council conducts an annual Friends of Scouting (FOS) campaign, asking Scouting parents and community members to financially support the council's operations and continued service to youth and their leaders. The following are just some of the things your FOS supports:
- Maintenance and operation of our camping facilities at Camp Fleischmann.
- Activities for youth that have minimal fees, such as Cub Scout Day Camp and Webelos Resident Camp, Camporee, and high adventure programs.
- Your Council Service Center for volunteers that provides administrative and program support to unit leaders.
- Membership recruiting support, flyers, posters, yard signs, application forms.
- Membership processing and adult leader background checks.
- The Scout Store to provide uniforms, advancement and recognitions patches, forms and program materials for youth and leaders.
- Basic and advanced leader training programs and materials.
- A full-time, trained professional staff committed to the continued successful operation of the Scouting program for thousands of youth in our communities.
- Liability insurance for adult leaders and chartered organizations.
- Medical insurance for adult leaders and Scouts while on Scouting activities.
- Financial assistance for those in need to attend Nevada Area Council camps.
- Free services on estate planning, taxes, trusts, wills and planned giving for donors interested in keep the Scouting program moving forward.
Many employers will match charitable gifts of their employees. Check with your personnel department for further information. This is a great way to make your gift to Scouting count twice. Donating to the "Friends of Scouting" Campaign is also TAX DEDUCTIBLE!